JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SSD 860 EVO 250MB - Magician "This drive is not supported". Latest software and Z390 Intel Chipset

(Topic created: 08-24-2019 06:35 PM)
userV5EPFoZPMl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is a new computer build and the the SATA port is set on "AHCI Mode". Also, the Magician software is version 5.3.1. Also tried 5.3.0 but had same results. Magician does say AHCI mode Activated...

I also took this drive and installed it on another computer that is currently running Magician 5.2.0 ( I need to update) but it's main drive is a 860 EVO 500GB and it works great and is detected properly. However, when I select the EVO 860 250GB drive it also says "This drive is not supported"? What gives??

This is a brand new drive purchased from Newegg.com

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userV5EPFoZPMl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I wanted to provide an update as I discovered the issue. This motherboard only has Intel Sata ports so it wasn't that but rather a network issue. Specifically my Sophos XG firewall was blocking connection of Magician to the Samsung servers. The issue has now been resolved. Thank you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Make sure the drive is connected to an Intel Sata port and not a Marvell.

0 Likes
Solution
userV5EPFoZPMl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I wanted to provide an update as I discovered the issue. This motherboard only has Intel Sata ports so it wasn't that but rather a network issue. Specifically my Sophos XG firewall was blocking connection of Magician to the Samsung servers. The issue has now been resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes