Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userSD1lc0lBgU
Constellation

SSD 960 EVO 1TB Magician says slow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed a Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB M.2 drive.  It works well.  Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming.  32GB RAM.  Windows 10 (all current updates and patches)

Samsung NVM Express Driver 2.2.exe installed.

My question is about Magician 5.1.0.  When I run the benchmark (I have the correct drive selected) it shows a sequential read speed of just 811 MB/sec.  Capture attached.

If I run other benchmarks, like CrystallDiskMark, it shows a sequential read speed of almost 3000 MB/sec.  Capture attached.

If I run ATTODiskBenchmark, it too peaks around 3000 MB/sec read speed. Capture attached.

Based on what I've read, around 3000 MB/sec should be about right for this M.2 card.  I've seen other posts from people who are getting around 3000 MB/sec read speed.

So my question is why is Magician only showing a read speed of 811 MB/sec?  Is there something configured wrong?

Bruce.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SSD 960 EVO 1TB Magician says slow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userSD1lc0lBgu,

The issue you are having is related to the Samsung magician benchmark process. We are looking into this issue as it has happened to a small amount of users using the the 960 NVME drives. The best solution is to just use a third party benchmark tool as you have already done as any thrid party software should be able to benchmark the drive without any issues. Hopefully, changes to the Samsung magician benchmark process can be made within the next upcoming updates, but you should be fine based off the information you provided.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userSD1lc0lBgu,

The issue you are having is related to the Samsung magician benchmark process. We are looking into this issue as it has happened to a small amount of users using the the 960 NVME drives. The best solution is to just use a third party benchmark tool as you have already done as any thrid party software should be able to benchmark the drive without any issues. Hopefully, changes to the Samsung magician benchmark process can be made within the next upcoming updates, but you should be fine based off the information you provided.

userSD1lc0lBgU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, that's good news.  I'm glad it's just a benchmarking thing and nothing is really wrong.  Thanks much for the help.