cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZLVhLRgXyv
Constellation

SSD evo 860 1TB not identified by samsung data migration tool (WIN 10 home, 64bit)

Hello All

I have tried searching for various solutions but was unable to find any which could help me. So I am posting my queries. In case this has been answered already, please direct me to the solution.

I have recently purchased a 1TB EVO 860. At first, I tried connecting it to my laptop through a USB to SATA connector from my Seagate portable HDD. But it was recognised as a Seagate disk and I was unable to use Samsung Magician or Samsung Data Migration tool. So I purchased a new USB-SATA connector from Amazon (its from a Chinese company - Orico and model is 2139U3 2.5 inch Hard Drive enclosure). The SSD fitted perfectly in the enclosure but the SSD is still not detected.

I saw various posts in this forum and formatted the SSD through Windows 10 Disk Management (with and without assigning a drive letter). The SSD is detected as a drive but not as a Samsung drive.

• In the Device Manager, the SSD is detected as a External USB 3.0 SCSI Disk Device
  • The Samsung tools are unable to detect it as a Samsung device and hence are not able to work at all.
  • Attached are the three screen shots of Device Manager, Magician and Data Migration tool.

Can you help me in installing this SSD correctly with the provided tools before I open the laptop.

Best Regards

AJ

Magician.pngDataMigration.pngDeviceManager.png

2 REPLIES 2
userZLVhLRgXyv
Constellation

Re: SSD evo 860 1TB not identified by samsung data migration tool (WIN 10 home, 64bit)

Really guys. No answers. At least point to correct direction if this is answered elsewhere!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SSD evo 860 1TB not identified by samsung data migration tool (WIN 10 home, 64bit)

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.