JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SUGGESTION: Changing source on the Samsung C49HG90DM

(Topic created on: 12/17/20 11:30 AM)
user0W82DzZ2mh
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Just wanted to make a suggestion for the Samsung C49HG90DM ultra-wide monitor: There are no KVM switches that I could find that support 4k 144hz, so I'm forced to connect my two laptops directly to the monitor and use the source select to choose between the two. The issue is that this source select is extremely cumbersome -- especially if wanting to switch between the two sources often (I mean, it takes up to 6 or so actions just to switch sources!). I find this to be terrible design.

There are two suggestions I can make that would just require a firmware update on the monitor:

1) Allow replacing the "volume" setting to be a source select setting. I don't use my monitor for sound anyways and pressing the JOG button left/right would be such an easier way to change between the sources.

And/or 2) pressing up/down on the JOG button brings up the contrast/brightness/etc settings. The first option can be "Source Select", and then pressing left/right would switch between the two.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you.  We will forward your feedback accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes