Original topic:

Samsung 256Gb bar USB flash drive

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 3:26 PM)
userXi6x36HY3b
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a 256Gb Samsung Bar flash drive that I have a lot of files and content stored on. Today I was moving some files that were on the drive into a folder I had created also on the drive. I had several files selected from a list of the contents of a particular folder via holding down the Control key and selecting by clicking. Something happened when I started to drag and drop them into the folder I created and now the USB drive doesn't even get recognized when I plug it into my computer. I've plugged it into different computers with the same result. It's as if it just doesn't show up at all in Windows file explorer. I have another drive just like it and that one shows up just fine, but the content I really need is on the drive that won't show up. 

Is there any way to recover this drive, or at least recover the content and files on it?  Oh, I should mention that while the accident happened on a laptop using Windows 10, I've since tried it also on a laptop using Windows 7 and it still won't see it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Monitors and Memory
use Linux
0 Likes
userXi6x36HY3b
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory