Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

Samsung 34E790C loses picture

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I have bought Samsung 34E790C a 34 inch curved ultra screen back in 2015 and it was working well up until last week...For some reason the screen would lose the picture randomly while still keeping the audio as I would know this cause I was playing a video game or movie at the time...I thought maybe the video drivers were corrupted so I did a clean install and still the problem was there..Next I thought the hard drive was corrupted so I did a clean install of Windows 10 and still the problem is there..I put a flashlight up against the screen to see if it was the LED lights and i didn`t see the picture so that is not the issue..

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am trying to avoid throwing it out as I paid a lot of money for it..

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 34E790C loses picture

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that is a possibility. Let us know if you notice any damages to the cable. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using a different cable? What kind of connection are you using?

userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi..

I am using an HDMI cable that came with the monitor..Do you think that might be the problem..?

userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also I am using the same cable on a back up Monitor that I have and it is not doing the same thing..Do you think the HDMI cable is the issue..??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It absolutely could be, the HDMI cable is a combination of wires and one could be broken inside the cable. I would start there. Does your computer support DisplayPort?

userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi..My computer does support Display Port...I will give it a try and get back to you..

userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But just a quick question..If the wire inside the HDMI cable was broken would it affect one monitor and not the other..?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that is a possibility. Let us know if you notice any damages to the cable. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userUbD17fMaqU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi..

I have changed the HDMI cable and am now using the monitor..Waiting to see if it loses picture...I did check the old HDMI cable and noticed there is one missing gold tooth(I am not sure what you call those) on the bottom of the connector going into the computer...There are 9 on the top layer and 8 on the bottom..I am not sure if that is normal or not..?? Other then that I didn`t notice anything maybe if it is the cable the damage is internal..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just in case, I recommend testing out another cable to see if you get a better connection.