JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 49" Curved Monitor LC49RG90SSNX/ZA

(Topic created: 12-22-2020 06:49 PM)
user9Z8NdeeHOL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Purchased a SAMSUNG 49" Class Wide Screen QLED Gaming Quantum Dot (5120x1440) Monitor - LC49RG90SSNX/ZA from Walmart.com last week.  It lasted 24 hours and no longer communicated through its DP or HDMI ports to either a pc or laptop.  No idea whether it was HW or SW.  Decided to stick with the original plan and order another one and try to make it work out.  Its being mounted to an Imperator Works IW-320, the most ingenious "workstation" gaming chair ever conceived.  Overall, just a simple question before I unbox the new monitor that just arrived.  Easy Setting SW says the monitor can be split in many different arrays 2, 4, 6, etc windows on the one screen.  It has 2 DP ports and a HDMI, or vice versa, don't remember exactly, but regardless.  Do I need to connect all 3 ports to the computer to achieve the screen splitting of the maximum number of windows allowed, not that I'm going to use them all, just trying to figure out whats necessary to achieve the maximum and work my way down from there.  Anyone following me?  Any other tips anyone may have in properly "tuning" the monitor is more than welcomed! 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The Easy Settings Box screen split is all software based, allowing you to create "multitasking" sectors of the screen for a cleaner look when running multiple applications. You do not need to connect multiple inputs to achieve this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes