Original topic:

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Slow Boot and High Access Time

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 9:26 AM)
fluxcapacitor
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I have this issue for a few month. The spinning circle on the Windows 10 Boot is laggy. I couldn't be able to solve this issue. I tried Secure Erase, clean installation of windows 10, also tried it on a different motherboard. Secure erase and formatting the drive seems to solve the issue for a few days but it happens shortly after. The SSD was converted from MBR to GPT. Please help.

I am running the latest firmware. The access time was good after the secure erase at first but it becamelike thisaccess time.PNG

Stuttery Windows 10 Boot screen Circle with Samsung 850 EVO - YouTube

Ryzen 7 3700x

Gskill SniperX 3200 CL16

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 2070 Super

Windows 10 20H2

4 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

How much free space does the drive have?

Which type of Sata port are you running it on?

0 Likes
fluxcapacitor
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I freed 100GB's of space but it didn't help with the boot issue just lowered the read access time to 0.99 ms. I'm running on SATA 3 6Gb/s.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Do you mind posting a full AS report of the drive?

On second thought after looking at the specs on the MSI X570 motherboard you should be running a PCIE 4 SSD like the 980 Pro and giving the 850 to your pets for a toy.

I run a gaming machine with 8 NVME PCIE 3 drives and have removed all Sata  devices as they slowed it down.  My  boot time from post to desktop is in the 4-5 second range.

Sata drives were good for a number of years and Sata 3 SSD's made it better but, their time has past.

PCIE 3 and now 4 NVME drives are 7 to 14 times faster than the Sata 3.

0 Likes
fluxcapacitor
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
0 Likes