cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdyekita
Constellation

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungDave, right now i just check it again(uninstall completely,restart,install again) looks like again Solved for now! since v5 i have problem in this case. anyway thank you for everyone.

Best Regards!

DavidMc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Magician 5 needs internet connection to work. Make sure it is in your firewall white listEVO850.png

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All,

DavidMc is correct. For Drive Authentication, internet access is needed, but Magician does not require Internet access to run everything in Magician.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzN49VWK163
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanted to clone my existing hard drive to the new 850 Pro SSD. When I attached the SSD via USB port Magician 5 announced that the drive is not supported. I doubt it is the firewall. Firewall always asks if a new application is trying to access the internet. I didn't have this alert when i started using Magician. My PC is Dell XPS 8500 running Windows 10 (Creators). 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userzN49VWK163,

Magician is not the cloning software. It cannot detect the drive when it is external.

You need to use Data Migration. You can download it from www.samsung.com/samsungssd

Hi userVFaUfL3ybk,

Marvell has always been an issue with Magician. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, no matter the version. It's completely random.

You can download 4.9.7 from this google drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hgOTkuXcsvR0FHZ0U0cnU2anc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzN49VWK163
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks a lot, SamsungDave!

After downloading Data Migration I cloned my old hard drive and swapped it with 850 Pro without a hitch!
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fantastic!

AlexMartin
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I've just purchased a EVO 850 500GB. I've installed Magician 5.1 already.

First, I connected the SSD to my notebook with a SATA to USB3.0 adapter. Magician said that the serial number was invalid. Is it because I'm using an adapter instead of plugging the SSD directly to the MoBo?

Second, I plugged the SSD directlyin the SATA conector of my motherboard, installed a fresh Windows 10 Home, and then installed Magician 5.1. The notebook still does not have access to internet. Magician 5.1 now says that "The drive is not supported", although now it shows  the serial number instead of showing "Invalid serial number". Is it because Magician needs Internet to check if the SSD is genuine and also to recognize for the first time the SSD?

Thank you very much

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi AlexMartin,

Yes, Magician needs connection to the internet for initial authentication.

user8GyGMO3m7q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION