cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userMel7fJX7Bu
Constellation

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar issue after updating to the Win10 Creators update (850 EVO 250GB).    Everything had been fine before then.

After the update, the drive didn't even show up in Magician despite the fact that it was the system/boot drive, was present in Device Manager, and was obviously usable as I was able to boot from it.  I noticed that a "Marvel 91xx" driver update had shown up among my installed programs in Windows "Programs and Features"; I guess it came along with the update.  

I uninstalled that, rebooted, and I was back in business.  After that the drive showed up in Magician, and I was able to re-enable rapid mode.

useriCIQxOvW7G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well now mine is working as well !!!! no updates, no uninstall or reinstall, i just closed the program and started it again and it worked fine which is something i already tried doing before without much success.

ImpetuousRacer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup. I refreshed the software on all of my computers, and every one now works appropriately.  No changes.

Very strange. I wonder if this will happen again and why it happened in the first place. 

usernZIA2OqOCt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Magician 5 is up and running again, of its own accord.  I don't believe I've ever seen such strange behavior.  Maybe mass hallucination foisted upon an unlucky few?  Y2K holdout?

userHKti5dCd4l
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel like it had something to do with the date. If I manually change the time on my PC so that it's off, Magician gives that same error. I had that happen before after a fresh install of Windows 10. The time zone was wrong and Magician wouldn't work.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Everyone,

Please try the following (start from first one and if it doesn't work, try the next one in the list):

1. Refresh Magician via the spinning arrow button on the top left
  2. Update your SATA controller driver to the latest version(You have to manually get the AHCI drivers from AMD or Intel site, don't rely on Windows update)
    1. If you need help with this step, PM me.
  3. Uninstall then reinstall Magician 5.0
  4. Uninstall Magician 5.0, install Magician 4.9.7, then update through 4.9.7 to 5.0

Please let me know here or via PM if you are still experiencing the issue after trying these steps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ImpetuousRacer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung Dave. Everyone simply refreshed Magician 5, and it worked again. Why did it randomly go to drive supported to not supported to supported again.

No configurations or settings or drivers were changed.
bdyekita
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungDave i did all ways as you said already! even i had fresh install for win10 Creators, it's just stopped working but i prefer not to waste my time then installed simply 4.9.7 and when asked for new version i said no! 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi bdyekita,

When was the last time you tried 5.0? Like ImpetuousRacer said in the previous post, Magician should be working now.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ImpetuousRacer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I emailed Samsung support for SSD and here was the issue:

"It may have been a verification issue with our serves identifying the drives. Some users have reported the same issue with a 'Refresh' being the solution. We have contacted our Software Support regarding this."

So if issue happens again, problem is likely their verification server is down. Just keep refreshing until it's back up.

i imagine 4.9.7 doesn't use a verification server and that they implemented that in version 5 to thwart non genuine drives. Thanks for everyone's help!