cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD01zL69Lk2
Astronaut

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was experiencing the exact same issue. Close Samsung Magician from the Nofication Area, then reopen with a stable internet connection. Rapid Mode now shows as supported on my Samsung Magician version 5.1.

userqvJIhU1JZd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
he u Right 4sho
user1tFwuKI1XH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Umm, what about people who's systems are not allowed to be online?  We have dedicated machines that cannot be online due to security reasons, and are dedicated offline machines. 

Please FIX THIS, so this works OFFLINE.

I just updated to 5.2, and that looks like it's a mistake.  Ugh.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user1tFwuKI1XH,

It does not need to be continually online. Just for the first time initial authentication. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1tFwuKI1XH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, thanks for the quick response!  Unfortunately, that's not good enough.  These systems will never be online ever again.  Is there anyway to get this going without being online?

userKzKLdtky0E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brand new 860 EVO.  Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Clean install.

Connected to internet.  NO software installed beside OS.  Just downloaded Samsung Magician.  Not supported.  WTF is going on?

El Escape
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I was getting the same issue but was solved after disabling the firewall and refreshing the Samsung Magician. 

Windows 7 Ultimate here. Magician 5.2.0

Best.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1tFwuKI1XH : I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately, there is no fix. Samsung Magician requires internet use, just like windows does for any update. If no internet is available, then I'd recommend uninstalling the Samsung Magician and not using it at all.

@userKzKLdtky0E : If you did a clean install, you have to install all of your system drivers before using the Samsung Magician. Especially your SATA driver, thats the most important one for the Samsung Maigician. To download and install all the needed drivers, please visit your system manufacturer's website.

userkL09JKmhgp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Samsung!

In corporative world there is a proxies exist.

Can you, please, add support for HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS(5) proxy?

In Samsung Magician you can obtain configuration for proxy from system, there is some fields for that.

Usually Win is configured to support proxy in that field if this is a ONLY way to get internet.

usernsFn9uL1rw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't read my way through this thread, but I can confirm Samsung Magician is broken when using deep-SSL inspection.

Most other apps work fine, but obviously Magician does not reference the Windows Certificate store and refuses to trust the SSL-certificate presented to it by the device in the middle performing the DPI.