JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

(Topic created on: 4/22/17 11:28 PM)
ImpetuousRacer
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased a brand new MZ-75E500B/AM from BestBuy. Installed it into an Asus M51AD-B08 desktop. The SSD has the latest firmware. I have the latest Intel RST drivers installed. I have all of the latest system drivers installed. BIOS has AHCI enabled and Hot Plug Enabled. Im on Windows 10 Creators Update.

Magician 4.9.7 authenticates the drive as genuine and shows the drive fully supported. However, Magician 5 shows the serial, the name of the drive, AHCI enabled, Trim Enabled, Sata 6.0 interface, but the top portion shows "This drive is not supported". I'm at a loss as to why? Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
104 Replies
dotAge
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

We are managed in a Intranet and using a proxy to access the internet. I just tried the www.samsungsemi.com and found it is redirected to http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/ so I suppose that our network policy has not blocked Samsung's verification site but I refreshed many days and all failed. Could you please tell us the exact url then we can provide it to our network administrator? Thanks!

0 Likes
DvL Ax3l
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Upgrade from 4.9.7 to 5.2 and now my 850 Pro is not supported... What should I do? Rolling back?

0 Likes
userD01zL69Lk2
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I was experiencing the exact same issue. Close Samsung Magician from the Nofication Area, then reopen with a stable internet connection. Rapid Mode now shows as supported on my Samsung Magician version 5.1.

0 Likes
userqvJIhU1JZd
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
he u Right 4sho
0 Likes
user1tFwuKI1XH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Umm, what about people who's systems are not allowed to be online?  We have dedicated machines that cannot be online due to security reasons, and are dedicated offline machines. 

Please FIX THIS, so this works OFFLINE.

I just updated to 5.2, and that looks like it's a mistake.  Ugh.

0 Likes
SamsungDave
Galaxy
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello user1tFwuKI1XH,

It does not need to be continually online. Just for the first time initial authentication. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user1tFwuKI1XH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, thanks for the quick response!  Unfortunately, that's not good enough.  These systems will never be online ever again.  Is there anyway to get this going without being online?

0 Likes
userKzKLdtky0E
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Brand new 860 EVO.  Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Clean install.

Connected to internet.  NO software installed beside OS.  Just downloaded Samsung Magician.  Not supported.  WTF is going on?

0 Likes
El Escape
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi guys,

I was getting the same issue but was solved after disabling the firewall and refreshing the Samsung Magician. 

Windows 7 Ultimate here. Magician 5.2.0

Best.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

@user1tFwuKI1XH : I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately, there is no fix. Samsung Magician requires internet use, just like windows does for any update. If no internet is available, then I'd recommend uninstalling the Samsung Magician and not using it at all.

@userKzKLdtky0E : If you did a clean install, you have to install all of your system drivers before using the Samsung Magician. Especially your SATA driver, thats the most important one for the Samsung Maigician. To download and install all the needed drivers, please visit your system manufacturer's website.

0 Likes