Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user2pzctu3QuP
Constellation

Samsung 950 pro m.2 and ESET antivirus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Running the perfomance test on Magician I discovered that the overall perfomance of my 950 pro NVMe SSD (installed in a Dell 9510) is far from the notional one (950 MB/s read, the same for write). In safe mode the performance is in line with the specs. If I disable the ESET (anti-virus) and run the perfomance test from Magician it shows 1950MB/s read. I tried to solve it with ESET but they did not really provide with a solution other than to unistall and reinstall their software but it does not look a possible solution to me. 

I was wondering if someone has a solution for that thing and could help me. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung 950 pro m.2 and ESET antivirus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like it. It could have something to do with how the Magician software is writing the material to do the benchmark to trigger to behavior from ESET.

3 REPLIES 3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What that means is that ESET is hitting it very hard. Usually speed tests involve writing to  the drive and the reading what it wrote. If ESET is also checking what is being written at the same time, that could make up for what you are noticing. Have you tried any other tools like crystal disk benchmark?

user2pzctu3QuP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. I have used Crystal Disk Benchmark and it showed test values very close to the nominal ones (Read: 1.9 Gb/s and Write: 0.9 Gb/s). Do you think that it is just a software compatability problem and not a real performance one?

@userYyRnnmXB12 wrote:

What that means is that ESET is hitting it very hard. Usually speed tests involve writing to  the drive and the reading what it wrote. If ESET is also checking what is being written at the same time, that could make up for what you are noticing. Have you tried any other tools like crystal disk benchmark?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like it. It could have something to do with how the Magician software is writing the material to do the benchmark to trigger to behavior from ESET.