JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 960 PRO 1TB being detected as 960 EVO 250GB

(Topic created: 12-23-2017 02:59 PM)
rudypetter
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So i just managed to make my old Rampage IV Extreme detect and work with M.2.
The way i did it was to follow this guide and mod my bios (https://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI...) I got everything working, could even boot and install Win10 on it.
The problem is that the bios and OS detect the drive as a Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB (picture 1) even though i have a Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB (picture 2).

Notes:
I'm not able to test the drive on another machine since i don't have any other with m.2.
I have tested the adapter on every available PCI express slot, all with the same result.
Only the graphic card is connected, removed all other PCI devices.
Didn't make a firmware upgrade on the SSD and not planning to, afraid it might break the device if it is a detection problem.

Might it be a recognition problem from the system or have I been scammed?

What I'm using:
Rampage IV Extreme
i7-3970X
Asus Hyper m.2 x4 Mini
Gtx-1080Ti

Picture 1

Spoiler

Picture 2

Spoiler

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rudypetter
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can close this topic, made a further research and this is happening a lot on Amazon:

Someone changed the stickers and returned the item and amazon sold it to me.. The sticker is the 960 PRO 1TB model but the product is an 960 EVO 250GB. Will try to return it now but my return window closed on Nov 4, 2017. (still curse myself to wait this long to try to install it..)

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
rudypetter
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can close this topic, made a further research and this is happening a lot on Amazon:

Someone changed the stickers and returned the item and amazon sold it to me.. The sticker is the 960 PRO 1TB model but the product is an 960 EVO 250GB. Will try to return it now but my return window closed on Nov 4, 2017. (still curse myself to wait this long to try to install it..)

View solution in context

0 Likes
userioaiiNG4pC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just received a "960 Pro 1TB" from Amazon.

CMD line disk details recognizes disk as 960 EVO 1TB

Samsung Data Migration software recognizes disk as 960 EVO 1TB

What the heck???

0 Likes
47Cosmos
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Return it immediately.

Amazon?

0 Likes