Original topic:

Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 Not Showing In Disk Management

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 9:09 PM)
userhWTRe3QDjy
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Part List: -Windows 10 -Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus (Non Wifi) -EVGA GTX 1070 -Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory -ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -WD 1TB Black HDD -Seagate 480gb SSD -Samsung Evo 970 Plus NVME M.2 -Ryzen 5800x

Hello all,

I've run out of ideas to try to trouble shoot this issue. Currently my Samsung Evo 970 Plus is plugged into my Motherboard M.2 Drive. When viewing the BIOS I can clearly see that the M.2 drive is there and working. I've used the Asus BIOS test to make sure the M.2 drive passes, and it does.

However, when I boot into Windows to try and partition the drive, its nowhere to be found. I have checked my device manager and it recognizes the M.2 Drive there, but anytime I go to disk management it's not recognized.

I've read a lot of the past posts about this, and cant seem to find a solution that works for me. Currently I've Tried:

1. Installing Samsung NVME Drivers, no luck
  2. Downloading Samsung Magician Tool, but doesn't list the drive
  3. Unplugging both other drives and only having m.2 plugged in to try and install windows on from a flashdrive, but windows doesn't let me select the m2 drive to install
  4. Switching the drive from M2 slot to the other
  5. Ran windows command prompt to list my drives, and doesn't show the m.2 one
  6. Turning on/off Asus CSM
  7. Clearing Security Keys and running it in UEFI mode

Not sure what else to do if I should RMA or try a fresh reinstall of windows on my other SSD to see if it can recognize it then.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
user136kUvuGrL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have found the solution to my problems! I loaded Linux to my flashdrive and booted it up that way and the drive was found. Formatted the drive while on Linux and then shut down and booted up windows and it saw the drive.

0 Likes
TrippySkills
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Windows can be weird with m.2
I've seen some users open Disk Management and click "Create/Partition" and it will populate there to format/partition.
0 Likes