Original topic:

Samsung CRG9 not waking

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 10:55 PM)
user35VloRdV7u
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

While my monitor is on standby, if I boot to windows, the monitor will not wake. The only way to get the screen on is to turn it off then turn it off again.

The cable is a Display port and running from a GTX 1070 GPU. Is there a setting somewhere for this? Bit crazy that such an expensive monitor can't wake like normal out of the box.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am sorry to hear about this. Please check the Eco and Sleep settings on the PC, and disable the Eco settings on the monitor. Alao, uninstall and reinstall the video drivers to see if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userKm84if4yxN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue. It got progressively worse and now the monitor won't turn on at all. I've tried all the support options without success. Now I've got an expensive desk decoration. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am sorry to hear about this. Please check the Eco and Sleep settings on the PC, and disable the Eco settings on the monitor. Alao, uninstall and reinstall the video drivers to see if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user35VloRdV7u
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Disabling the eco setting in the monitors menu has seemed to fix this for now. Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

We're glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.

0 Likes
user35VloRdV7u
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I thought the problem had been fixed but it has not. I have now noticed that the screen goes blank every 20 minutes or so for a few seconds before reapearing?

0 Likes