cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung EVO plus 970 500GB + Windows 10 = freeze every 5-20 minutes (only hard reset helps)

HP 360x 14 dd004ur laptop has a samsung evo plus 970 500GB SSD.
Windows 10 1803 installed (with all updates)
Intel i3 8130U processor
Intel 620 video (embedded)
Memory 2 x 16GB (32Gb)

Problems in Windows started immediately after installing a new disk instead of the factory one. (The operating system was cloned to the new disk from the factory disk) At any time, regardless of the load on the computer, the mouse cursor can freeze and the laptop does not respond to any keys. Ctrl + alt + del doesn't work. If at the moment of freezing a video with sound was played, the sound is stuck. It only helps to hard shutdown the laptop through a long press of the Power button.

This is the third time I am writing a comment, because the first two times the computer freezes while typing the comment. = (

####################################################### 3
What have I already tried (didn't help):
09-25-2018 01:52 AM

1) download latest samsung magician software v5.2.1 from direct downloading link

https: //www.samsung.com/semiconductor/global.semi.static/SAMSUNG_SSD_v5_2_1_180523/CD0CFAC4675B9E502 ...

2) disable windows defender, any other antivirus software, disable firewall, disable secureboot

3) enable sata port as ACHI in bios

4) connect power cable or charger to laptop and Using magician software v5.2, update the latest firmware to SSD

5) restart the windows

6) enable 10% OP of total space in SSD, restart the windows

7) disable bitlocker, and then try to enable Rapid mode,. and then restart the windows

type below comments in cmd and press enter

Sfc.exe / ScanNow
Dism.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup
Dism.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
################################################

Tried reducing the amount of RAM to 8GB (didn't help)
##############################################
I tried to install the driver on a Samsung disk - the driver was installed, but the windows crashes remained.
############################################
I tried to clone the system to the third hard drive to check that the problem of windows crashes is not related to cloning and changing the HDD. No Windows crashes happen on the third hard drive, so the problem is related to the Samsung drive.

##########
Please help with advice, you can still try methods to fix Windows freezes. (The disc operates at the stated speeds, the test in CrystalMark gives 3500 reads and 3200 writes)

If I can fix the freeze problem, I don't have to return the disc to the store. Thank.