Original topic:

Samsung G9 Odyssey popping sound

(Topic created on: 10/29/20 11:12 AM)
JT_4x4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My monitor is making a popping sound that is coming from the bottom left-hand side and I don't know why it is doing that.

I have unplugged the power cord from the surge protector and tried it directly on the wall. I have adjusted the settings on the monitor included refresh rate. I have reset all the settings on the monitor. I have unplugged all accessories and the power cord and it can still be heard. Nothing has worked to try and eliminate the sound every 30 seconds or so. I am thinking it might just be the new monitor settling? 

Has anyone else run into this issue?

11 Replies
userrfIGtIoPHI
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I had that issue with my Galaxy 7 Edge, it drove me insane. And come to find out after about a year of hearing it. It was an app That made the pop sound want to get my attention. I deleted and downloaded every app for days before I was able to pin point which app it was.
0 Likes
JT_4x4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

But with the monitor, you can hear it even when it isn't plugged in.

AbsoluteFahrenheit
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mine does the same... occcasional popping sound. It is the plastic expanding from the heat of the monitor. I suspect this will settle overtime. Not take big of deal... I normally am gaming with headphones.

0 Likes
JT_4x4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

So it is the plastic and not like a static shock inside the monitor?

0 Likes
G9owner
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue and this is my 3rd time replacing them. All 3 of them have performed the popping sound during the warming up phase. After an hour of usage, it eventually will stop popping, this is annoying for an expensive product. However,  I've noticed if I enabled HDR setting on my windows display option, I'll hear more popping sounds. Since they don't really have a fix for this, I'll have to live with this. 

JT_4x4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mine doesn't even give me the choice of HDR in the windows settings as far as I can see. Maybe it is my older GPU? What model number is yours?

0 Likes
userH8TeGVrQAT
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks for the insight. Once I turned off the HDR,the popping sound from both sides have stopped. If you game on it for too long in HDR, the sound will go away as I guess as others pointed out, it is a heat spread issue that contact the flimsy plastic. I never bought products that have no problems at all in recent years...The least you could encounter is flimsy materials...

0 Likes
Anakin2401
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

HDR was on my Monitor every time off, and it´s still popping:((

0 Likes
JuhaFIN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have same issue. Just bought display 2 weeks ago and i really dont know can i live this sound. Its really annoying!

0 Likes