Original topic:

Samsung LC34F791WQNXZA monitor has static on wake

(Topic created: 05-11-2021 12:05 PM)
nodakskip
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok my mother has a Samsung LC34F791WQNXZA monitor. Its high res and curved. The HDMI cord is BN39-02258A. She had a dell pc with built in graphics and now has a HP desktop with a AMD Radeon RX 550 gaphics card. Both pcs are window 10.

Of note I see the head of the hdmi cord pluging int othe monitor does have a slight curve to the plug. Meaning the bit that plugs into the monitor was pulled at sometime. 

So this might be a HDMI cord problem or not, but wanted to check. After the new HP with a SSD we do not have the pc go to sleep, but the monitor does after an hour of non use.  She used to just shut off the monitor when she was done. However now despite the pc not going to sleep when we try to move the mouse or hit a key to 'wake up' the screen it does nothing. I sometimes have to hit the still lit small power button the hp pc to cause the monitor to wake up. Then it flashes to full screen white static like on an old tv. It takes a few times of hitting buttons on the keyboard to get ito regular hdmi screen mode and show the computer screen again. 

Is this a cord problem, or a settings problem? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

4 Replies
Showiest Odin
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Try a new power cord for the Monitor, hope this helps.

0 Likes
MA4
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Sounds good
0 Likes
Halfhlf
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Cords and settings.

⚙ keeps turning.

:battery: charging allows people to access files. Do you know anything about the ...
0 Likes
keepsafeh
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
B Messenger (1)_3036.jpg
0 Likes