cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung LU28E590DS/ZA 4K UHD Monitor keeps switching inputs and power cycling

Hello all! Couldn't find much about my issue online so I thought I'd consult the community. I have a Samsung LU28E590DS/ZA 4K UHD Monitor with a Display Port and HDMI 1 and 2 ports. I find that when the monitor is in use, it seems to power cycle then lose what input it's on. The time between hiccups seems to gradually increase with the amount of time the monitor is on. Some days it does it a lot, some it doesn't do it as often, but I think it's time to fix it as its starting to affect my PC usage. 

I've found a way to seemingly slow the amount of time between shut-offs by having the DP plugged in as well an HDMI cord in the HDMI2 slot. It doesn't seem to be working much for me lately, and when it does power cycle it'll connect me with the HDMI slot instead of the Display Port input it was on. I've tried a single cord in each port and different ports of my GPU and it doesn't seem to matter.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung LU28E590DS/ZA 4K UHD Monitor keeps switching inputs and power cycling

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried a different HDMI or DP cable? Are you connected to a wall outlet or a power strip?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung LU28E590DS/ZA 4K UHD Monitor keeps switching inputs and power cycling

I've tried multiple cords but it doesn't seem to matter. I've had it plugged into the wall and the power strip and it doesn't affect it either. Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How long have you had the monitor? Have you checked the current software version?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry for the long response time, what would be the best way about checking and/or updating  that version? Through windows driver updates?

Highlighted
Constellation

I've downloaded the Driver Updater from my product's page and downloaded the driver for the DisplayPort adapter. I'll report back wether the problem persists or not.

Highlighted
Constellation

The problem didn't occur after the driver install for about 30 minutes, the longest it's gone without a hiccup. It did start to power cycle again and there is some visual tearing on the screen at random intervals.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How long have you had the monitor and how long has this been occurring? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I've owned this monitor for several months, the previous owner had it for about 8 months and had known about the issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

One more thing have you made sure that your GPU drivers are up to date?