Original topic:

Samsung M7 monitor not charging the laptop

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 5:46 PM)
userO6KTZk6ehU
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Team,

Am using the Samsung M7 monitor with a Macbook pro. However, when connected via type C cable it does not charge the laptop or bring up the display. I have tried switching the monitor on and off which doesnt work. The ad shows that the type C charge at 65W but not sure as to how to get this working. The only way I can get this to work is connect the from HDMI to USB type C cable which works for display. Welcome any suggestions if this is a product problem or if am doing anything wrong

2 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

The monitor is not guaranteed to charge any external device

From your monitor manual:

Check the bandwidth of your USB Type-C cable whether it is available. The output may not be adequate depending on the cable specification and condition.
● Do not quickly connect or disconnect the connector and power cable, because it requires some time.
● Due to the compatibility issue, the function may not be available when any Thunderbolt device is connected using a cable.
● When charging with a USB Type-C cable, malfunction may occur depending on the device type. In this case, use the provided charger or consult the manufacturer of the device.

0 Likes
useryJrmK4Yovc
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm facing the same thing here, usb c doesn't work at all for me despite the laptop and cable both being compatible with type 3.1 gen 2 --- did you find a solution yet @userO6KTZk6ehU ? 

And @ddaniel51 , do you also own this monitor? If so, what are your experiences?

0 Likes