Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
YoDude
Constellation

Samsung Magician Spontaneously Changes OS Optimization Setting

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello: I recently purchased a 850 Pro 512 SSD for my laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1. I have Samsung Magician EXM02B6Q installed, and I set the OS Optimization to "Maximum Reliability". However when Magician is run at a later time I would notice that the OS optimization had been reset to "Maximum Capacity", without any action on my part. As a result I have to keep monitoring Magician so I can return the OS Optimization to the desired setting. What is going on?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YoDude
Constellation

Re: Samsung Magician Spontaneously Changes OS Optimization Setting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received the following message from Samsung Support:

Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Samsung Support regarding your concerns and inquiries. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. There is no issue with the software or your system. If windows is making any changes in the background such as changing virtual memory setting, power settings or etc. Samsung Magician will adjust itself to those changes. This will not cause any issues with the functionality of your SSD. However, If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us right away. To call us, our support hours are from 9am-9pm EST Monday to Friday. We can be contacted at 1-800-726-7864. Thank you again for contacting Samsung Support and have a good day.

So, in essence: "Windows must have done something." Exactly and precisely what that might have been would be nice to know.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with SSDs, please call (800)726-7864, and follow the appropriate prompts. Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

YoDude
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received the following message from Samsung Support:

Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Samsung Support regarding your concerns and inquiries. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. There is no issue with the software or your system. If windows is making any changes in the background such as changing virtual memory setting, power settings or etc. Samsung Magician will adjust itself to those changes. This will not cause any issues with the functionality of your SSD. However, If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us right away. To call us, our support hours are from 9am-9pm EST Monday to Friday. We can be contacted at 1-800-726-7864. Thank you again for contacting Samsung Support and have a good day.

So, in essence: "Windows must have done something." Exactly and precisely what that might have been would be nice to know.