cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odysseyalien
Constellation

Samsung Magician "failed to find the target disk do you want to uninstall rapid mode"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello -- I cloned my 250 gig c: drive, a Samsung 840 Evo to a 500 gig 850 Evo. After swapping out the drives and starting my pc, everything loaded and performed nicely. The only thing is that now when Samsung Magician starts up, I get the error noted in my Subject field above. I tried updating from v5 of Magician to v5.1 but the issue persists. Note that I also have an 850 Evo 1TB drive as well installed in my computer.

I'm running Windows 10 with 32 gigs of memory, an Asus ROG Ranger VIII motherboard with the latest bios. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find that specific error message anywhere on the web in my Google searches. I have not tried uninstalling Rapid Mode as the error message states. Can anyone offer any clue as to what's going on with this, why this issue occured from an SSD clone, and what to do to resolve?  Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Odysseyalien
Constellation

Re: Samsung Magician "failed to find the target disk do you want to uninstall rapid mode"

JUMP TO SOLUTION
THIS WAS RESOLVED. I first made a restore point in Windows 10, then completely uninstalled Magician. Reboot. Then ran the install routine for Magician 5.1. All is well and no longer getting the error message.
2 REPLIES 2
Odysseyalien
Constellation

Re: Samsung Magician "failed to find the target disk do you want to uninstall rapid mode"

JUMP TO SOLUTION
THIS WAS RESOLVED. I first made a restore point in Windows 10, then completely uninstalled Magician. Reboot. Then ran the install routine for Magician 5.1. All is well and no longer getting the error message.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad you were able to fix it! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.