JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Oddessey G7 27 Menu Toggle issues and power on

(Topic created on: 1/20/21 5:06 AM)
pfb201
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Got issues with my Oddessey and the toggle. Recently the toggle won't go down or up in the menu only side to side which means I can't access the menu at all. If I push up and to the side I can sometimes get it to turn off but this is the wrong way round to what it's supposed to be.

Furthermore, when I do get it to switch off when I turn it back on again it generally doesn't remain on on the first attempt it just flashes on with the LEDs then straight off. Second time it might remain on but equally it can just sit there and not do anything, unresponsive and has to be reset at the mains.

I know there was QA issues with these products but I assumed after the firmware fix these went away. Great monitor when it works but this early on in ownership it's not a great experience.

There's also no way to turn off auto-power off on the monitor when the source goes to sleep which is essential for some devices since they keep the monitor turning off and on once asleep.

I'm not prepared to send this away without a valid replacement therefore what is Samsung support doing about this? Seems to be a common problem and all over the forums so please don't just point me to the troubleshooting steps of turning off and on and checking the power is connected...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you ensured that the device is fully up to date? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
pfb201
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

Anyone at Samsung interested? 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you ensured that the device is fully up to date? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
pfb201
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks @SamsungLarry,

The device is on the latest firmware. Seems this boot issue might be capacitor related according to other people which sounds like poor QA. Similarly, the screen jog button works when it's newly turned on but as it gets warmer through use throughout the day it won't do what it's told.

I rely on this for work so I'm reticent to send this off without a replacement.

0 Likes