Original topic:

Samsung Odessey G9 57” doesn't turn on from sleep

(Topic created: 11-29-2023 02:39 PM)
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

When I wake my PC up from sleep the monitor fails to recognize the signal from the PC and turn on.  I have to manually unplug the power from the monitor and restart my PC for the monitor to work.  Samsung, fix this asap or I am returning this monitor.

0 Likes
9 Replies
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

More strangeness occurring!!  Not sure what is causing this, but I have a DP input showing up on the screen, but i'm not able to use the buttons on the monitor.  None of them show me the Samsung screen menu.  I can't figure out if all of these sleep issues are occurring because the monitor doesn't know how to handle DP input or if its an actual hardware issue with the monitor.  Samsung engineers need to test the sleep/suspend functionality and provide us a resolution to this.  This is occurring across the board with many users.  Samsung we need answers!

0 Likes
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased this brand new from samsung.com website, but I received a used monitor.  I'm wondering if the monitor is somehow defective....

0 Likes
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Monitor just died on me, getting a replacement.  Terrible QoS from Samsung.

0 Likes
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung you probably have the worst customer call centers I have ever encountered.  Message to the COO get your call centers in order!

0 Likes
ALI-D
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi

Did anyone find a solution on this. I have the exact same issue?
Once it goes to sleep mode then I cant turn it on. No menu buttons works and I can only get the screen turned on again is if I unplug it and plug it in again.

0 Likes
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi ALI-D.  Samsung won't provide a replacement.  I think there is some hardware issue going on.  I asked Samsung support to provide a call with one of their engineers to see what is actually going on.  I still haven't received that call.  Samsung support is terrible.

0 Likes
sam_hain_thorn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

One other thing I'm noticing is a clicking sound coming from the monitor.

0 Likes
marioslrzn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I think it's a firmware issue. I had a previous 57" g9 and worked just fine but I took it back and bought from samsung.com due to the 500 cheaper price and 0 for 36 months. That monitor wasn't doing any of those issues. My  new 57 " is doing the exact same thing where I have to unplug power for it to get a signal. It's only happening if system is coming from a sleep mode. 

0 Likes
asf088
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi I have the same issue, were you able to resolve this? In my case, I would have to restart the PC for the monitor to recognize the PC again. Just unplugging the power from the monitor and replugging in will not work. 

0 Likes