Original topic:

Odyssey Monitor dark area/1/4 screen dark

(Topic created: 02-09-2023 01:50 PM)
Legion9874
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

IMG_0359.jpg

I am having a dark area appear on my screen. After unplugging the power source and plugging it back up I can get it to look like this at best, if the monitor goes dark after sitting for a while about a 1/4 of the RH screen is dark and flickering. The warranty is out on the monitor of course but this seems to be an issue i have seen other people having as well with this monitor. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. The dark line starts under that ships front gun turret and goes straight down through the names of those ships. 

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with your screen having this dark spot on it. Unfortunately, service would be the only solution. As you said your monitor is out of warranty you can call into our depot center and get set up for that. Their number is 1-310-669-4334. But you will have a couple of options if your monitor does have a warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup