JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G5 Dark Area on Screen

(Topic created: 08-08-2021 11:48 PM)
userNaw794cokl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My monitor has a darkened area that I can't seem to fix. I tried restarting the monitor, unplugging from PC and for DP, Tried unplugging the power to the monitor, resetting all the settings. Nothing I have tried has worked. I tried to restart my PC and it occasionally has the Dark area shown in the picture as the bright area and the rest of the screen dark, almost as if I was shining a flashlight from that point into a dark cave. Any advice would be appreciated.PXL_20210809_063947187.jpg

PXL_20210809_095851568.NIGHT.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user6xlAq0bZGQ
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Has this ever been fixed? Would love to know if there was a solution I could actually do for this.

0 Likes
user6xlAq0bZGQ
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have an issue that is the exact same as 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-Odyssey-G5-Dark-Area-on-Screen/td-p/...

As far as I can tell, there seems to be a quite annoying deadzone line on my monitor. On boot, there is NO ISSUE, fractions of a second later though, and it occurs. If computer not on, only the deadzone is lit. If computer is on, deadzone is dim. Attached are images of the self-diagnosis screen. Firmware updates, driver updates, cable changes seem to do nothing about it. If this is a known issue, please give solutions, if not, what is the return policy on these monitors? I got this one about a year and a half ago.

PXL_20220706_232002081.jpg

PXL_20220706_232003465.jpg

PXL_20220706_232220205.jpg

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory
Cheap LED at the end of life
user6xlAq0bZGQ
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Y'know, that's a real shame, because it wasn't exactly a cheap monitor.

That's a about what I was figuring though. Was hoping there was a chance as there is no visual indicator on boot, but honestly the problem is probably not one I can easily fix anyway. Maybe if it was some kind of loose connection, but I doubt it, and a quick look earlier suggested it wasn't an easy monitor to open up.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory
The monitor warranty is probably one year but you'd have to check your paperwork to be sure. You should blur out your s/n.
user6xlAq0bZGQ
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The mod caught that before I did, thanks for the heads up though. I was thinking it would be helpful in case there was some kind of batch issue, but the odds of that a ridiculously slim. Though issues with this specific monitor seem to be quite common.

I figured I was probably out of warranty, as I couldn't find the paperwork after looking yesterday, so it didn't even come across my mind to keep it private. Bit of a slip up.