Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G7 Auto Detect of Active Input Source doesn't work

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 06:50 PM)
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

It seems your whole Samsung odyssey range such as G7, G9 and G5 doesn't allow automatic detection of an active input source. Something most monitors can do these days, even cheap ones.

The auto input switch menu option does not work.

I am on the latest firmware  1009.3 and I have also tried a factory reset. I am on the latest DisplayPort firmware etc.

This is a very expensive, flagship monitor so it should have this simple feature. Please could you add it?

Samsung support told me this is a common hardware fault and that I need to return it, is this really the case? I have a feeling he was not interested in helping me.

Kind regards

MarkC303
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue - using HDMI1 for my laptop and DP1 for my gaming PC. Auto switch just doesn't...

If I close or shutdown my laptop with my PC running, I need to power cycle the monitor for it to pick up the DP1 input. I can't even get into the menu! This monitor has some usability issues that I would not expect from Samsung and a monitor at this price point.

My Samsung monitor from 10 years ago would auto switch happily, and quickly. 

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Any updates Samsung? @SamsungLou  @SamsungLarryK 

Surely you are interested that your phone support staff are telling people this is a hardware fault and to return their monitors, but it appears to be a software issue that everyone is having?!?

0 Likes
userT1gvNPts31
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here when switch from my work laptop on HDMI 1 to my gaming computer on DP 1. Auto Switching set to Auto.

0 Likes
userQGOkQCgdbn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same here with Odyssey G5 27''. Such an annoyance when switching from work computer to personnal one twice a day.

Any news?

0 Likes
userUurMpRyl17
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

have the same issue on brand new monitor...

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Still nothing from Samsung......

0 Likes
userOVpgKhRPWM
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem, "auto switch source" setting does absolutely nothing, really annoying since I'm continuosly switching between personal lapatop and work laptop. So is this hardware fault or software problem?

0 Likes
userw0YSLsj5c3
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Clear oversight from Samsungs side. When you have a work and personal PC you will switch at least 2 times a day. Right now it takes ages (more than my PC) until it boots, then you need to know to wait a little bit more until the monitor input menu is available, otherwise you fiddle with the button and nothing happens

Autodetection is a common feature since years on other monitors, its mindboggling that it is not available on a high end expensive gaming monitor like Odyssey G7. Well this and the missing HDMI 2.1 😞 

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Great support from Samsung on this. 0 response at all apart from to return the monitor and get another. Which isn't going to resolve the issue. 

Samsung how do we get this fixed then? We've all provided you with a lot of money for a flagship monitor that has an easy to use firmware update feature. Please make use of it.

0 Likes
MarkC303
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I notice there's new firmware (ver 1011.0) available - anyone know if it fixes this issue (before I go to the effort of finding a USB stick and formatting it FAT32...)?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC32G75TQSRXXU/#downloads

0 Likes