Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G7 Auto Detect of Active Input Source doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 09:38 AM)
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

It seems your whole Samsung odyssey range such as G7, G9 and G5 doesn't allow automatic detection of an active input source. Something most monitors can do these days, even cheap ones.

The auto input switch menu option does not work.

I am on the latest firmware  1009.3 and I have also tried a factory reset. I am on the latest DisplayPort firmware etc.

This is a very expensive, flagship monitor so it should have this simple feature. Please could you add it?

Samsung support told me this is a common hardware fault and that I need to return it, is this really the case? I have a feeling he was not interested in helping me.

Kind regards

MarkC303
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I installed the new firmware - can't see any difference with the auto-switching.

Can't see any release notes online either.

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It'd be great if Samsung could acknowledge this issue. I think we've all waited long enough :(. 

userYEJ6GIkAnw
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Unbelievable ... especially in a time where so many people work from home this is a feature I never thought I have to ensure that it really works. Not even on super cheap monitors...

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Agreed.

Don't forget everyone to make your thoughts on the various divisions of Samsung known here in relation to the 0 customer support and poor product support.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/search?query=Samsung

usero3OJEODVEm
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here. I just received my G7. It's been great except for a couple of small, really inconvenient things that shouldn't be an issue for a monitor this expensive. For some reason, even trying to change the source manually between HDMI and DisplayPort isn't working for me. It's really frustrating since I work on 1 system and play on another. I have the most up-to-date firmware.

userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same here. One system for work another for gaming. Have to switch it manually everytime. 

Samsung pls fix it. Its a very expensive monitor! We bought it cause of the advised features, but this one is broken!

Another ayonnig thing is: The monitor settings are global for all input sources. Why the monitor is not saving setting for each input source separatly??? I would like to have different settings for work and gaming. Why are monitors not able to do this. I dont understand. It cant be that hard to implement this.

user4ijLC3TPEZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Let me just add my voice here that yes, this is a really important feature that would add a lot of value to this product.

As someone who is using this monitor both with a personal computer and a work-provided laptop, I would like the switch to happen seamlessly when I turn one of them on rather than having to fiddle with the controls at least two times per day.

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Still no news from Samsung?

The latest firmware still has the exact same issues 

userCSKbJa2T0o
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is such a shame. This monitor has so many downsides. Slow startup, slow input, tearing issues with VRR ah and btw, the core light leds are dying(not just mine after 2 months, many people has also this issue since fw 1009.3). I'm seriously thinking about returning the G7 32"...

userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

You have tearing issues? Note that tearing is a normal issue if hz and fps are not exact equal. 
I play warzone and enabled g-sync + vrr. I limit the fps inside nvidia control always 5 fps under the max monitor hz. In the case of the G7 its 235fps. After that i enabled v-sync to eliminate any kind of possible tearing moments.

If you enable v-sync + fps limit 5 fps under max monitor hz + g-sync + vrr, your game will run so **bleep** smooth without any visual issues and without(!) any additionally input lag because v-sync introduce input lag if your fps hit about the max hz of your monitor. 
I had a lot of monitors but the G7 is the best monitor i ever had. The response time and input lag is very awesome. 

But yes, the other issues are just annoying and are not okay to be there. 

Samsung pls fix the auto-detection of source input signal. Our monitors do not awake from standby if another source send image signal. The monitor only waits for the last manually seleceted source. 
And btw speed up the awake time. 
And how i can disable the annoying blue led of the joystick that blinking in the dark when in standby?? 

0 Likes