Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G7 Auto Detect of Active Input Source doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 06:04 PM)
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

It seems your whole Samsung odyssey range such as G7, G9 and G5 doesn't allow automatic detection of an active input source. Something most monitors can do these days, even cheap ones.

The auto input switch menu option does not work.

I am on the latest firmware  1009.3 and I have also tried a factory reset. I am on the latest DisplayPort firmware etc.

This is a very expensive, flagship monitor so it should have this simple feature. Please could you add it?

Samsung support told me this is a common hardware fault and that I need to return it, is this really the case? I have a feeling he was not interested in helping me.

Kind regards

userXOHLIYarGK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here on G7 32" Curved monitor.

userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My setup has 3 monitors while the g7 is in the center as primary monitor. Its really a sad moment every time when i switch daily from work laptop to privat computer and my other 2 cheap monitors immediatly switch to the other image signal and my g7 just dont give [edit]

0 Likes
userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

https://ibb.co/PTr99Sx 

So samsung can fastly respond when i write big guys words but do not respond when they sell a product based of lies.

Thats why apple is better 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

And still no reply from Samsung, even though they've been in this thread and it's been on here for many months. Great support for your "flagship" monitors Samsung.

The latest firmware still has all the exact same problems.

userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

So unprofessional. Its the monitor of 2021 and they do not fix our issues. This monitor is not even 1 year old. So sad. 

Imho when a company is not response than such issues are not fixable through software. And they do not want to repair this monitors through warranty.

So everybody new is reading this thread: 

- Auto-Detection is NOT WORKING! 
- Settings are NOT SAVED FOR EACH INPUT SOURCE SEPARATLY. Settings are saved GLOBAL!

user5a2XCb4zwt
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have been lurking this sub for three months waiting for an update. Sadly still fumbling around with the input selector. I particularly hate how it takes about 10 seconds to switch on then you have 2 seconds to manually change the source again. **bleep** you Samsung, you must really hate your users.

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's because Samsung love to release and sell half finished products. Just like their recent Smartwatch. Full of issues, shouldn't be sold.

NeilPeel
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Like everyone else in here I have work and personal setup (on G7 odyssey) and need to switch monitor sources multiple times a day; having to manually switch sources is getting real old. Keep checking forums and hoping for an update, or even some kind of acknowledgement of the issue.  PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!

userl5oJPaR07f
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have already put on each social media platform and forum negative comments for users to inform them about this situation. Hopefully other users will buy monitor from opponents. Each product of samsung is half finished. Customer support is **bleep**. Shame on you samsung.

LoTan
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Please fix this issue. Or give a status update. If you're unwilling to fix it, throw the source code on Github and let us fix it ourselves.