Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G7 - Standby

(Topic created: 11-16-2021 01:03 AM)
userfzPBBu76oP
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the Odyssey G7, and the standby mode is causing me multiple headaches.

First, it takes to long for the odyssey to get out of standby when I boot my computer. It takes so long, I can't enter my motherboards bios because I never see the screen. (Now what I have to do is turn on my monitor's menu, and keep it active while I turn on my computer so the monitor is on)

Second, the odyssey is going into standby way to soon. When I'm in my bootloader (which has a 30 second window) the screen goes into standby mode on the boot screen (there's a countdown so the input is changing) and so sometimes I can't properly log onto my computer if I accidentally step away and the screen goes black.

These are all issues *before* I get into windows/ubuntu. Is there any advice on how to fix these? Either by disabling standby mode altogether or increasing how long it needs before it triggers standby mode?

0 Likes
2 Replies
useriSeRG74d9f
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I would also like an answer to this, the 3 second standby time on the G7 is *far* too short and causes me issues when rebooting my Raspberry Pi. It's also a problem when turning on my desktop (via display port) when I've left the monitor on HDMI. It takes the screen so long to start up that it will go into the 3 second countdown before I get chance to switch sources.

0 Likes
userH2Ae3RtQrz
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I completely agree with everything you said. It's bizarre to me that Samsung didn't notice how annoying this was during R&D. They should give the option to either disable this or at least let us choose a longer timeout than 3 seconds. It's really annoying on a premium monitor like this.

0 Likes