Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G70NC Display connection error in Nvidia Surround

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 09:27 PM)
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just got this Samsung Odyssey FG70NC monitor which I added to my two Samsung U32J59x series monitors which I was very excited to add for the low entry purchase price available this year. It looks like the ultimate sweet set up for black friday surround gaming, which I did not have any issues adding my Samsung UD590 Series U28D590D 28" to. However with the Odyssey it does not allow me to add it to my surround topology. I am trying to understand what the situation might be to unlock this bad boy to play properly with the other monitors. With the combination I have already tried to swap monitor cables, even put hz to both 60 and 30z with no luck but I can not get them to recognize the third monitor for any way shape or form in surround. Is there a secret button combination that I need to enable and has anyone out there gotten this monitor combination to work? I have an EVGA RTX 3070 at my disposal, but would like to enable surround through the NVidia control panel to play games in 12k. Any help is appreciated. I have disabled free sync on all monitors as well to try to get them to play nice together.  I have tried with it enabled and every possible combination and permutation possible.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 131011.png

Screenshot 2023-11-23 133437.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 221332.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 221350.pngScreenshot 2023-11-22 221422.pngScreenshot 2023-11-23 232057.png

0 Likes
8 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Redacted

0 Likes
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It can and will do it. I did it with my GTX 1070 so I'm pretty sure the 3070 can do it as well.  The issue is the monitor does not show up at all.  Has nothing to do with the resolution.  It should show up and list the options.

6af4db43-c54b-480a-87af-1dbeb23f954b.jpg308e7f1b-1fba-4276-ba7b-26188373da19.jpg05b5cc4a-8be6-4579-a4f9-50a45b557ef7.jpg

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Redacted

0 Likes
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I appreciate your response, but I do not need a lecture on video card or monitor resolution limits.  The issue is that the monitor does not show up in nvidia surround when I put it on 1x3 or even 3x1. It is a clear issue with the monitor and has nothing to do with the resolution. When the monitor is detected it will list the supported resolutions. In this case nothing shows up no matter what resolution the screens are set at.

What I am trying to find out is if this is an issue with a conflict on the speed of the monitor preventing it from showing up with the other monitors which are capped at 60zhz (even when I set the oddysey to 60hz) and I would appreciate responses from individuals who have actually tried to run this monitor in surround and whether or not it was successful or not, and what they had to do to get it to work.  Perhaps it is an issue with the freesync setting on the U32J's, and I have tried all those settings on and both off.

As you can see from this image it DOES indeed work at 12k so please spare me the lecture on gpu limitations when the image resolution clearly states 11520 x 2160.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Prj1OutHDzj9EDnPgK0MqYc-Ew9c6F-2/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Redacted

0 Likes
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am not sure what you are talking about. the images loaded are mine with diablo 3 reflection in 12k and with breath of the wild in 12k.  I have reshared the link below so you can see GOW in 12 k full res below. I used a software tool which I cannot find now to stretch it across all 3 monitors, but you can see from those images, they are indeed stretched end to end in 12k.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Prj1OutHDzj9EDnPgK0MqYc-Ew9c6F-2/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

The tool I used to stretch the video across all three 4k screens was flawless widescreen:  <hidden>

This tool works fantastic but I have only tested it with the games I mentioned above. Again, I will restate the issue that the for some reason I cannot sync these 3 monitors together with nvdia surround under any combination of resolutions or hz.  Hopefully one day somebody will see this post with a potential solution.  Perhaps I will find a solution somewhere else and will post for anyone else having the same issue.

0 Likes
Heychristo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I thought I was onto something since the last firmware update and the fact that I finally realized that the oddysey is only 8bpc color output compared to the U32J59x's that I have which are 10bpc.  I switched them all to 8bpc@ 60hz and still no luck in getting them all 3 to connect in surround.  This would be the perfect setup if this monitor played nicely with others and would force me to get a 4090 but without this monitor being able to sync with others in nvidia surround, i can't give it that great of a rating.  It sure would be swell to have 3 of them in surround, but if i can't get one in surround, there is no point in getting another one.  Surprised that no one from samsung or nvidia lurks in these forums to comment on this.  I even posted the same content copy and pasted into the nvidia forums a while back around the same time i posted this one.

0 Likes