Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G9 LC49G97T series showing LC49G95T

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 3:44 PM)
Samsung_c6noBOo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Got a new Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor from Best Buy. The unit I got is perfect; everything works fine. The only issue I am seeing is the NVIDIA control panel, different monitor test software, etc all are detecting a g97T series monitor as an LC49G95T series monitor. The OSD is showing the correct model number but every other software is detecting it as an old model. Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

There is actually nothing wrong with your monitor. The last software update apparently has a bug that is reporting the model incorrectly, as the update has provided the same software to both models. This should be corrected in the next update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SHACKBOYJUDAH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

What's wrong with these monitors? I feel like i got dupe. I'm online looking for another set up because I thought I had it with you guys. Seem like a scam of old computers.

0 Likes
Samsung_c6noBOo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi SamsungLou - The latest firmware (1010.2) also did not correct this issue. Can you please share more information on which version of the fix is planned?

0 Likes
Samsung_c6noBOo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I updated the firmware to 1010.2 (latest Feb 24) and the problem still persists. I know this is not a hardware issue but it does feel like Samsung is slapping new model labels on old G95T series.

SHACKBOYJUDAH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I had my monitor for 2 days and I'm not happy. It's feels like i got dupe.

0 Likes