cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Samsung Odyssey G9 display issue at 240hz

I am running at max resolution and when I set the screen to 240hz the right half of my screen gets darker than the left.  I am running a 2080ti videocard and using the display port cable that came with the screen.  Is this a known issue and will a firmware fix this? If I set to 120hz the color issue goes away and all is well.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Samsung Odyssey G9 display issue at 240hz

I have had the same issue. Sometimes I get it when viewing HDR content, when HDR is enabled. If I turn off HDR, it goes away. It appears to be a bug. I would contact Samsung Support.

Asteroid

Did you contact   support and get your issue fixed Absolute?

@AbsoluteFahrenheit wrote:

I have had the same issue. Sometimes I get it when viewing HDR content, when HDR is enabled. If I turn off HDR, it goes away. It appears to be a bug. I would contact Samsung Support.

Asteroid

I also have this issue! RTX 2070 super is what i have. It's only at 240hz setting as well as soon as i bump the refresh to 120hz it goes away. So frustrating. Im running the latest firmware update and everything.

Asteroid

Same issue as well.

Asteroid

Hi

Try to  update  the firmware to 1008.1 : you need a USB Key 3.0 or 3.1 format .

I've used Sandisk USB Key : USB 3.0 SanDisk Ultra 32 Go

and the file name for last Firmawer version (1008.1) is M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C] with img extension

Asteroid

I updated the firmware to 1008.1, how to I flash back to the previous firmware to reinstall the 1008.1 update? I've saved the update to my usb 3.0 and when I try to reinstall it it says my monitor is already on a newer firmware and doesn't give me the option to re install