Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G9 not working at 240 Hz with AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

(Topic created on: 12/1/20 1:58 AM)
userTho2mE4s2c
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

My new RX 6800 XT doesn't work with Samsung Odyssey G9 at 240 Hz. The screen gets massive coruption when I try to set the refresh rate to 240 Hz.

My previous RX 5700 XT works flawlessly.

8 Replies
userZJdv42w3ww
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same Problem!
The screen gets massive coruption when I try to set the refresh rate to 240 Hz.

I'm using a original AMD 6800XT Driver Version
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.3 Optional

0 Likes
userbhDlABX7Ei
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My 5700xt isn't working at 240hz on this monitor with the latest drivers.  Trying to set it to 240hz on the monitor just makes it go black on the screen and unresponsive and unrecoverable without resetting the monitor to get it back to 120hz and restarting my PC.

0 Likes
userTho2mE4s2c
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

AMD just release 20.12.1 driver version, where in Release notes they aknowledge about this issue. Let's hope they'll fix it in the next driver release.

Quote from AMD driver release notes (link below):

• Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-12-1

0 Likes
userjaapp2ZWys
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Has anyone figured out a work-around? Is there a beta driver or driver rollback that works better?

0 Likes
userEsME4oujcP
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue with my 6900XT. Fix it Samsung!

RyanW1184
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Heads up,  we went through this EXACT same thing for months with nvidia.

Took 3-4 drivers before we got something that was functional.  Still pretty buggy. Its very simply a DSC problem. 

Its sooo much data they are trying to squeeze through a DP 1.4 cable.  (dsc compresses it)

user9vs9iUaLPA
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

What's the status of this issue on Windows? I'm still having this problem on Linux with the AMDGPU driver (mesa 21.0.1-1).

0 Likes
mutorcs
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I plan to return the monitor and get something else. Either Samsung is unable or unwilling to fix it and the best thing to do is return it and get something else. If Samsung was willing and able to fix it then it would be fixed by now. Several of the applications I use and depend on trigger the scan line issue, and I am done tolerating it hoping some day Samsung will acknowledge and fix the problem. This monitor is going back, and I will be requesting a refund, so I can get something else. I recommend everyone else do the same and just put this bad experience behind you.

0 Likes