Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 not switches input source

(Topic created: 10-25-2023 04:52 AM)
OlegKo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, recently I purchased Samsung Odyssey Neo G8. Connected Mac via DisplayPort, PS5 via HDMI 1 and Nintendo Switch via HDMI 2. Switched ON Auto Source Switch+ and it works properly when Monitor is active. When everything is off and I'm trying to turn on last used device, Odyssey turns On as well. But if I'm trying to turn on NOT recently used device, monitor stays OFF. Everything on Mac, PS5 and Nintendo setted properly to switch video output device (and it worked on my previous monitor). So the problem is in Odyssey. Please, tell me what can I do? Is that software problem or maybe there are hidden settings. I really love this monitor picture, but this newance is killing me. Software version is M-B8532GGZA-1007.0. I can't fing Software update on official Samsung site. There are all Odyssey monitors except this one (even Odyssey OLED G8, but not Neo G8).

7 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory
Each outsource must have hdmi cec and hdmi input plus active to be able to communicate with the monitor. It's a two way process. On the items that don't work look into those settings and power match settings so it works.
0 Likes
OlegKo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks, I highly appreciate your answer. But HDMI CEC is turned on (on PS5 and Nintendo Switch at least), and anyway it doesn't work. As I said auto source switch worked on previous monitor, so it's not about the sources. Something went wrong with Odyssey settings.

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory
Thats all the steps auto source plus on. Change your non pc connections to Av. Then in your outsource items turn on what i mentioned before. Last thing is leaving the monitor in standby mode. When your done using the monitor do you manually power it off? If you do don't shut your outsources off but don't touch your monitor off button. See if leaving it in standby helps. If you manually cut the power then I can definitely see auto sources not working. 20231025_155404_1000005335_1698274445.jpg20231025_155503_1000005336_1698274503.jpg
0 Likes
OlegKo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Still not swithces properly. Did everything you adviced. Thank you a lot for your indifference. But anyway I still should switch inputs manually. By the way, on your screenshod there are 3 HDMI inputs. My Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 has just 2.

0 Likes
OlegKo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! My question is still on scope. Maybe anybody could suggest another decision of my case?

0 Likes
dufflebag_RaN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's the same for me, no matter what I do the monitor will not turn on when I turn on one of the sources that were not used last.  It is very frustrating, my G7 works properly but my G8 does not...

0 Likes
Mi009
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

2 days ago I bought the Odyssey Neo G8 model and it has the same problem. It does not scan the video ports to detect the signal source. If I turn off the PC and turn on the TVBox, the monitor does not turn on, even though it is in Stand-by mode. If the PC is turned on connected to DisplayPort and I turn off the TVBox, the monitor does not switch back to DP. This problem is very annoying. I think that the problem can be fixed in the firmware, but it seems that Samsung is not interested in the opinion of customers. Before the Neo G8 I had an AORUS CV27Q monitor which seems to be smarter than the Samsung monitors. 😞 Therefore, I will send it back.

0 Likes