cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheAncientGamer
Constellation

Samsung Odyssey No longer working.

Worked last week, went to use it today, nothing.  All requirements passed. I have a machine specifically built for VR. This worked fine a week ago without issue. No cable issues, frays, kinks. Yet, when I plug in the headset Windows Mixed Reality pops up with the Error 1-4. I have tried all that I can find on the internet to fix it...nothing.  I have 2 more machines here that are VR ready as well.  I have done nothing but talked up this headset to everyone, featured it on my streams, and now just after the warranty runs out...DEAD.

Help here is abysmal for this product as well. Directing people to Microsoft if the two things you suggest here doen't work is infuriating. 

3 REPLIES 3
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Odyssey No longer working.

Well I am sure you have seen most of the steps I seen but I will ask have you tried it on your other PC's?? If it still does not work maybe it is dead that really stinks.. I had put another word here for stinks but it was sensored creepy..

you could try unistalling the Portal make sure you unplug the headset both plugs before unistalling the software tho..

I had a similar issue with a headset that just dies no rhyme or reason just dead.. I did buy a 2nd as I was refunded my money on the first but if this headset dies too it will be the last Samsung for me..

I wish I had more info but it really is not there on the web. I had to figure out my own issues thus far as I called Samsung and they tell me to call Microsoft, then I called Microsfot they tell me to call Samsung.. LOL I agree support on this device is very poor..

TheAncientGamer
Constellation

Hey, thank you for the suggestions. Yeah, did all that. $499 and no VR.  I don't think I will buy another one.  How do I send this back or find out if it can be fixed?  Any ideas?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome to message us with your model code and serial number and we'd be happy to look into possible options for you. -->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.