JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey Plus ingame menus will not center?

(Topic created: 05-16-2019 03:02 PM)
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi All,

I had bought the Vr headset 2 weeks ago and was able to have it work fine no problems.. Just last night I noticed while ingame the menus are not centered and they are on the floor of the ingame room..

In Elite dagerous there is a HMD Recenter keypress well I assigned a joystick button to it and it centers for a millisecond then goes back to the floor.. I am unsure why it will not center as before I had no problems with the centering of the ingame menus..

Looking into it since yesterday and found countelss posts about recentering the headset which I have done.. I tried setting the floor which is perfect now but the ingame mneus continue to be on the floor and I can not see them well enough to navigate the game menu to play..

Even when I am in the cockpit in Elite Dangerous my head is on the ceiling and in DCS World I am above the canopy..

So what will cause this behavior?

13 Replies
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you ensured all software/firmware is up-to date from both the computer and the headset's side?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

well I am as sure as I can be that was the first thing I checked..

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you tried completely uninstalling the software from the computer and resetting up the headset completely from the beginning?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

yes I have done that.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you tried changing the assigned re-center button? It may just be an issue with setting it as the joystick. 

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

yes I tried that as well

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well I decided to recheck windows update and sure enough there was 3 more updates to get so I updated and voila the headset is working fine now..

I am unsure if the update did it but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth so this issue seems for now to be resolved..

I will wait another day or two before I say resolved incase the issue resurfaces..

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory

Not a problem, glad to hear it seems to be working! Keep us posted if the symptoms return. 🙂

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well I did not test the recenter key but it the menu was right where it was supposed to be so I did not need to recenter it..

I will check and see if the recenter works in both games..

0 Likes