cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Odyssey Plus ingame menus will not center?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

I had bought the Vr headset 2 weeks ago and was able to have it work fine no problems.. Just last night I noticed while ingame the menus are not centered and they are on the floor of the ingame room..

In Elite dagerous there is a HMD Recenter keypress well I assigned a joystick button to it and it centers for a millisecond then goes back to the floor.. I am unsure why it will not center as before I had no problems with the centering of the ingame menus..

Looking into it since yesterday and found countelss posts about recentering the headset which I have done.. I tried setting the floor which is perfect now but the ingame mneus continue to be on the floor and I can not see them well enough to navigate the game menu to play..

Even when I am in the cockpit in Elite Dangerous my head is on the ceiling and in DCS World I am above the canopy..

So what will cause this behavior?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Odyssey Plus ingame menus will not center?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK it appears my hunch was probally correct.. I uninstalled Open VR Advanced setting and removed the folder then I rebooted and voila the menus where fine and I could recenter them with the hotkey so I do not think the windows update did anything initially??

So if you have that happen where the menus ingame don't recenter and you have Open VR advanced settinngs installed try uninstalling it and remove the folder and reboot annd see if the menu hotkeys work again as they did for me..

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you ensured all software/firmware is up-to date from both the computer and the headset's side?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well I am as sure as I can be that was the first thing I checked..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried completely uninstalling the software from the computer and resetting up the headset completely from the beginning?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes I have done that.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried changing the assigned re-center button? It may just be an issue with setting it as the joystick. 

The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes I tried that as well

Highlighted
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I decided to recheck windows update and sure enough there was 3 more updates to get so I updated and voila the headset is working fine now..

I am unsure if the update did it but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth so this issue seems for now to be resolved..

I will wait another day or two before I say resolved incase the issue resurfaces..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a problem, glad to hear it seems to be working! Keep us posted if the symptoms return. Smiley Happy

The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I did not test the recenter key but it the menu was right where it was supposed to be so I did not need to recenter it..

I will check and see if the recenter works in both games..