Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useroud4mGqhlF
Asteroid

Samsung Odyssey+ Sound/Mic Devices Disabled on boot

Hello.

I have a persistant issue with the Sound on the Samsung Odyssey+ 

On boot into Windows 10 the Speaker & Microphone shown as (Realtek USB2.0 Audio) in the playback and recording tabs within the sound control panel in windows are both disabled and the sound and microphone are not working. If I manually enable both devices though the sound control pannel then sound and mic then work as normal. However this setting rarely persists on reboot, although it occasionally will.

The updates to Windows 10 versions 1806 & 1903 have made this worse as when enabling the device it is now instantly disabled again. At the moment the only work around is to uninstall the device from device manager on and scan re-detect the drivers on every reboot, if I do this then the sound will work faultlessly untill the next reboot.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Odyssey+ Sound/Mic Devices Disabled on boot

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you checked the Realtek website for driver updates? You may also want to reach out to Microsoft support for troubleshooting the Mixed Reality setup and configuration.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useroud4mGqhlF
Asteroid

Perhaps I should have been clearer the Realtek device is the Samsung Odyssey+ HMD audio subsystem, Samsung do not have a driver on their site for this, if you are able to clarify the realtek chip/audio codec in use in the device it may be possible to see if there is a later version downloadable directly from Realtek.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Would you give this link a try and make sure that this application is updated on your computer? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-hmd-odyssey-setup/9nvbf5nshm5b?activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab

useroud4mGqhlF
Asteroid

I did install this but when running it didn't detect the headset, messed around for 10 mins then realised the link above is for the wrong headset the link given is for the original Odyssey where I'm running the Odyssey+. "The Samsumg HDM Odyssey+ Setup" app is however allready installed, ran through this everything was detected, and firmware identified as 1.0.2. Issue still persists.

On every boot I have to go Device Manager > Realtek USB 2.0 Audio > Uninstall Device , then scan for hardware changes. after that go into the sound control pannel, Select the audio device and re-enable. After doing this the device will operate without fault untill the next reboot of the system.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you verified the microphone software on your device is up to date from the Realtek website?

The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray

Hi, I am not 100% on this buit I think if you are not using the Portal the headset will remained disabled.. Do you use Steam VR?? If so there is an option there to enavble your sound when headset is enabled and soundcard when you disable the headset.. Mine works fine using the steam VR Options and switches back and forth automatically once I set this up..