JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Portable SSD T5 - Lost password, how can I format it

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 06:12 AM)
user1lQ7mKNHPk
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

For a SSD T5: I lost my password. How can I format the drive? I am aware that all data on the drive will be lost - it is not a problem but I want to be able to use the SSD drive again. Can you send me a link to a tool which enables to partition / format the SSD drive?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey @user1lQ7mKNHPk ,

If you are using a PC you can right-click on the drive icon and there will be a format option.  If that doesn't work using the command line can also format the drive here are the steps.

• Using the search icon on your taskbar type diskpart and click yes.
  • In command window type list disk and hit enter. this should give you a list of all drives currently connected to pc
  • Type select disk and the number of the disk you want formated (make sure that you select the correct one as you run the risk of formating your main drive which is usually disk 0) and hit enter
  • Type clean and hit enter.  You will get a message saying "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk".
  • Type create partition primary hit enter. You will get a message saying "DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition".
  • Type format fs=ntfs and hit enter.  This step will take time. You will get a message saying "DiskPart successfully formatted the volume".
  •  Type assign and hit enter.  This will assign a drive letter.
  • Type exit hit enter. Your drive is now formatted.

I hope this helps if it did please leave a like and mark accept as a solution.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey @user1lQ7mKNHPk ,

If you are using a PC you can right-click on the drive icon and there will be a format option.  If that doesn't work using the command line can also format the drive here are the steps.

• In command window type list disk and hit enter. this should give you a list of all drives currently connected to pc
  • Type select disk and the number of the disk you want formated (make sure that you select the correct one as you run the risk of formating your main drive which is usually disk 0) and hit enter
  • Type clean and hit enter.  You will get a message saying "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk".
  • Type create partition primary hit enter. You will get a message saying "DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition".
  • Type format fs=ntfs and hit enter.  This step will take time. You will get a message saying "DiskPart successfully formatted the volume".

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

View solution in context

userxgHmXtw8Yo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I am suffering with the same problem but I am not able to perform format fs=ntfs onwards. The system not give response "7 percent completed " onwards.

Please give your suggestion.

Thanks

@ddsanchez_82 wrote:

Hey @user1lQ7mKNHPk ,

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

0 Likes
userhqvogoE4Ld
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi I'm format my portable ssd t5 I've type format fs=ntfs it's got 12 percent completed what does this mean

0 Likes
userQJp5EiwpMc
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mine is also not progressing beyond 6% formatting

@userhqvogoE4Ld wrote:

Hi I'm format my portable ssd t5 I've type format fs=ntfs it's got 12 percent completed what does this mean

0 Likes