cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKvKzaxQnYP
Constellation

Samsung S27E390H LED Monitor won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last year I bought a Samsung S27E390H LED Monitor (refurbished, so warranty is long gone).  Worked great until one day last fall when I moved my tower to another room, disconnecting the HDMI cable at the tower.  When I eventually returned the tower to the room a few days later, the monitor would not turn on.  The blue light was on and not flashing (according to the manual the blue light being on indicates the monitor was off) and no matter what I did it would not turn on, so I gave up and assumed something went bad.  Some time later (I'm not sure exactly how long, but it could have been from a week to more than a month) I hooked it up  and tried it one more time on a whim and to my surprise it worked.  And it worked perfectly until...

Last Friday I once again was in a situation where I had no choice but to move my tower to another room.  Aware of what happened last time, this time I turned the monitor off first (using the jog button/on screen display) as last time I think I just pulled the cable out with the monitor in standby. With the monitor off, I disconnected the tower and moved the computer.  Several hours later, I returned the tower and attempted to reconnect the monitor... and of course, now it won't turn on again.  Same situation, when the monitor has power the blue light is on but neither connecting a source or pushing the jog button has any effect whatsoever.  I tried hooking the monitor up to a laptop as a second display and while the laptop detects the monitor just fine and allows me to duplicate/extend my screen, nothing changes on the monitor.

So in summary, monitor works fine until it is turned off (either by me or by inactivity, which is what I assume happend the first time).  Once it is off it will not turn on at all, the screen remains black and the blue light solid.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung S27E390H LED Monitor won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly repairs would be recommended. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

38 REPLIES 38
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For conversations sake, is the monitor plugged into an outlet or a surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKvKzaxQnYP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks for responding.  It has always been plugged into an outlet, including the 99% of the time when it has worked fine.

userdvc3BKO1qn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same for me man. Its been almost a year and it turned off while i was playing fortnite. i tried everything, switching the each piece for the power cord out and even trying plugging it up in another room with no success.

usergOkordtRWr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 32" Samsung curved monitor doing the same. Blue light on. No functions or display working. Powered down but problem remains. Using hdmi connection to xbox one

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for a few minutes and then plugging it into a wall socket?

userHDXXnotdJK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I'm using a Samsung model c24fg70fqu , bought it three days ago.

Having the same issue from the begining, I have to unplugg the power and plug it back in order to work.

Please help.

BR,

Dominik

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userHDXXnotdJK, may I ask are you connecting the monitor directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector?

userHDXXnotdJK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungQue, I'm connecting it to surge protector atm.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For testing purposes, would you mind connecting it directly to the wall? After doing this please tell me if the issue is still occurring and also if you see any sort of a standby light?