cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosebud_989
Constellation

Re: Samsung S27E390H LED Monitor won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same problem with my monitor and trying to unplug from power source to see if that resolves.  This started the first very cold night here and the monitor was never moved unplugged etc.  Of course i have been trying to debug by unplugging things etc....

Rosebud_989
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still will not turn on it just flashes the screen then goes dark.  I cannot even get the menu to display.  How do I fix this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any indicator light solid or blinking on the monitor?

Rosebud_989
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

solid when I have it connected and my screens are extended to it but cannot see because it is dark.  It flashes on for one second then dissappears.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you trying to power on with nothing connected? If there is a device connected, is it a PC or laptop?

Rosebud_989
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been connected and working for quite a while a little over two years.  I have it connected to a docking station for my laptop which is a thinkpad.  Just suddenly it stopped working at all only flashes my extended screen then goes dark.  I have powered it off for an extended amount of time to see if that resets it.  I have attached other monitors to my laptop to make sure it is not the laptop.  The power source is good.  My last test would be the cable I have ordered an HDMI cable to connect that is HDMI on both ends...  Not sure what else to do and not sure how to completely reset it as the menu will not even come up. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can test with the new cable but if the symptom is not resolved, it would require service. Keep us posted.

Rosebud_989
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I dis test with an alternate cable and that did not resolve.  It was a USB to pin cable.  I have been given another monitor to us I am a developer and I needed it badly as working off of laptop screen does not work well as any developer would know.  I purchased it at Costco and not sure what type of coverage there is for this but it is barely maybe 2 years old. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to investigate that. Can you send the full model and serial number here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

amd23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm wondering if you were able to resolve the problem because I am having the same problem with a recently out-of-warranty Saumsung monitor.