cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqUo7a1VSSU
Constellation

Samsung SSD 840 series 250GB - won't boot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I run the Lenovo T440 with Windows 10. I received a message from W10 when I ran the computer. The computer restarted automatically but did not boot. I took the disc out into an external disc reader and found that files can be read. Suspect error on boot record. My question is.

If I buy a new Samsung SSD disk and clone the old to the new; Do I also clone the incorrect boot recordet?

Question 2: Is there any other way to repair the boot record so I do not have to reinstall?

Best Kenneth in Kista

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung SSD 840 series 250GB - won't boot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please contact our memory support team.  

This team’s operation hours are Mon – Fri 9AM ~ Midnight, Sat 9AM ~ 9PM, & Sun closed. This team has 3 ways of contact:
a. 1-800-samsung > 1 > 7
b. Samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com
c. Live chat (this is a separated live chat function from  other products' live chat feature on our website)

Our SSD Memory support team members are equipped with a ton of knowledge and experience surrounding SSDs, SD cards, HDDs, and other memory products and will be your fastest way to a resolution when it comes to troubleshooting,  processing repair or exchange services.  We believe this team is best equipped to handle memory product inquiries and while our moderators can help, we are requesting that you please contact the above outlets for the services mentioned.

Please don't let this discourage you from posting. We still love hearing your feedback regarding your memory units and encourage you to continue reaching out to your fellow community members if you ever have questions. Thanks so much for posting!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung SSD 840 series 250GB - won't boot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please contact our memory support team.  

This team’s operation hours are Mon – Fri 9AM ~ Midnight, Sat 9AM ~ 9PM, & Sun closed. This team has 3 ways of contact:
a. 1-800-samsung > 1 > 7
b. Samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com
c. Live chat (this is a separated live chat function from  other products' live chat feature on our website)

Our SSD Memory support team members are equipped with a ton of knowledge and experience surrounding SSDs, SD cards, HDDs, and other memory products and will be your fastest way to a resolution when it comes to troubleshooting,  processing repair or exchange services.  We believe this team is best equipped to handle memory product inquiries and while our moderators can help, we are requesting that you please contact the above outlets for the services mentioned.

Please don't let this discourage you from posting. We still love hearing your feedback regarding your memory units and encourage you to continue reaching out to your fellow community members if you ever have questions. Thanks so much for posting!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.