cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userbdiOkquVhc
Constellation

Samsung SSD T5 Locks & Crashes Mac

Occasionally when I attempt to wake my Mac from sleep with my T5 plugged in I get no response until I unplug it. Once I log back in, the Mac will run normally for about 5-10 minutes and then the OS would crash and restart. If I attempt to plug the T5 back in (after logging in) the Samsung SSD Software does not detect it until the system is restarted. 

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to consistently reproduce this issue.

Here are some additional details:

• Size: 1TB
  • Samsung Portable SSD Software Version: 1.6.6 (I experienced the issue on older versions)
  • macOS Version - Mojave 10.14.6
  • Mac Model - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
3 REPLIES 3
userxiLcwnPPTg
Constellation

Re: Samsung SSD T5 Locks & Crashes Mac

Exact same issue here. Waking from sleep and the SSD software attempts to find the drive again, spins in circles and wont find it. Unplugging it and plugging in again leads to MacOS crashing and requiring a reboot. 

1TB T5 SSD

Mojave 10.14.6

SSD Software 1.6.2 (1.6.6 caused issues with my mac)

Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid 2015

userDfIIw8whT1
Astronaut

Exact same issue here too Smiley Sad issue occurs when the drive is plugged in but not mounted (encrypted disk). When i leave my laptop i find it rebooted becuase it crashed, inspecting the diagnostics information shows a null pointer dereference caused by the "SamsungPortableSSDMon" process. 

1TB t5 ssd

Catalina 10.15.2

SSD Software 1.6.6 

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2016

userdchTCXRwyh
Constellation

The same issue. 1TB T5 SSD

Catalina 10.15.2

SSD Software 1.6.6 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)