Original topic:

Samsung T5 Doesn’t work on Big Sur

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 7:56 AM)
AntiK
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello

My T5 was working fine just before the update to Big Sur Beta.

Now it's not recgonized at all Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 13.13.45.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-13 at 13.10.31.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-13 at 13.11.10.png

Rajesh_bansal
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It took me a while to figure out what the problem is there.

First, delete the already portable download t5 software.

reinstall the latest software for T5 from Samsung Website.

Go to system preferences - security and privacy - general

You need to click the detail button which will appear on the third line on the "Allow apps downloads from column".

tick ok on the Samsung electronic button.

restart the computer.

It should be work fine now

0 Likes
user0hwgRnOdgV
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I do not get the "Samsung electronic button" in General. The T5 worked fine on my MacBook Pro - my company recalled all Macs and I have nowhere to access all the files on my T5.  It installs the software and recognises the drive and now it reads that the password in incorrect; it worked on my MacBook pro just last week.  I bought the iMac and upgraded to Big Sur and it does not recongise the password.  Is there any help; I have almost 20 years of work on the T5.  Thank you.

0 Likes
userd9Mmim2iBF
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks but this also didnt work for me..

Can somebody please help me.. I just bought the T5.

0 Likes
userPGuCENchQt
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I've tried everything the other guys proposed, and got nothing out of it, but then for some reason i tried to use the version of the app for the X5 instead of the T5 and it worked! Just download it from the samsung site, hope that works!

0 Likes
userMNrCFSRqpe
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Tried all of the above, and the problem still exists for BOTH of my T5's...

0 Likes
userMNrCFSRqpe
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

SAME PROBLEM. I am so upset. I have work to do tonight. I am the only Mac user in my household. I have all of my information on my my two SSD's, and neither of them are showing up. I had done software updates, Samsung driver software updates, restarted, and made sure the privacy and security settings are not an issue. What is the problem? Please help! 

0 Likes
userHDYMFb4F6s
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

The last comment of this thread helped me (it's a thread about the T7 but it also works for the T5 - I tested it for the T5):

Also, when the Samsung app is installed and there is still the message "No Samsung Portable SSD is connected." try to unplug the cable of your SSD and plug it in again, this could be also the issue for not showing up in the app.

I hope this helps!
0 Likes
user6zeoz7gHJC
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I found the solution (maybe it is temporary but...).
You should find another mac (with older OS than Big Sur) or PC where you can run SamsungPortableSSD software. Then log in to your SSD and turn off the password. After that, your SSD will work as the regular SSD without software.
I also talked with the support and they told me that version 1.6.7 doesn't support Big Sur and the next version (1.7) will have support but they don't know when they will release it 🤷

0 Likes
userXsQ7tWj9Ra
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Solution
userywlcEkkrAW
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you, @userXsQ7tWj9Ra  that's solve my  problem. To those who still have this problem:

- first upgrade firmeware version to 1.6.8 (only for big sur) (https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/portable/

- Allow Samsung software to access under System Preferences -> Security

- Restart your Mac and that´s it

View solution in context