Original topic:

Samsung lu28r550u HDMI issue

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 11:58 AM)
usertFcHOeYeGs
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just bought the Samsung lu28r550u monitor, I connect the monitor to my laptop through HDMI using the cable come with the monitor, and when windows puts the display to 'sleep' the monitor won't wake it flashes on with 'HDMI 1' (which my pc is connected to, and I have to press the power button on the monitor to bring it back, why is this happening?

BTW, I'm using the HDMI 2.0; if I switch to HDMI 1.4 in the monitor menu, the issue is gone, but HDMI 1.4 only give me 4K @30HZ.

Please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is your laptop rated to supply HDMI 2.0 signaling and bandwidth to the  monitor?

0 Likes
usertFcHOeYeGs
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

yes, my laptop is Dell G3 3579 (https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/dell-g3-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop)

it's clearly support HDMI 2.0.

Is it because of the HDMI cable?  but I was using the samsung HDMI cable come with the monitor.

0 Likes
Grendeth9495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
Well check the manufacturers website, is there any firmware? If not, report the bug to Samsung, it's probably more than likely a bug they haven't found yet, not much to an HDMI connection, so I doubt you're doing anything wrong, still, doesn't hurt to check the monitors manual, maybe there is a special feature you should enable? 🤷‍:male_sign:
0 Likes