JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung monitor going to black screen

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 05:05 AM)
userKdAZW0lD5u
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recently purchased a Samsung monitor, and since then, occasionally the blue light will go out and the screen will go black. To make the cables work, I must unplug and then re-plug them. About once every 20 minutes, this occurs. My screen occasionally simply becomes darker in one side than the other. Is there a solution to these issues? I appreciate you.

https://192-168-100-1.id/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how a new monitor not working properly can be frustrating. 

The first thing I would recommend is to try a new display or HDMI cable to see if this solves this issue. 

If this does not I would recommend if possible to try and make sure your monitor's firmware is updated and to make sure that the cables are connected all the way. 

The next step would be to either get set up for service or to have an exchange or refund on your monitor. 

Depending or your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how a new monitor not working properly can be frustrating. 

The first thing I would recommend is to try a new display or HDMI cable to see if this solves this issue. 

If this does not I would recommend if possible to try and make sure your monitor's firmware is updated and to make sure that the cables are connected all the way. 

The next step would be to either get set up for service or to have an exchange or refund on your monitor. 

Depending or your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes