Original topic:

Samsung needs to acknowledge and fix thee scanline issues on Odyssey G9 monitors

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 12:01 PM)
danteafk
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This might possibly not affect new N9 models, but the N7 have this definately.

Iif you view this image on a G9

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-15 at 22.43.50 (1).jpg

It looks like this on the whole screen:

scanlines.jpg

Also if you go here https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/029/605/180/2c8ef349a4e074a44e2b472a811a403d_original.gif?ixlib=rb-...

or here: https://rog.asus.com/wallpapers

Your whole screen gets scanlines

Samsung, please fix this, I believe this is a software issue?

Thanks

5 Replies
user183gG0h7T7
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same here. Im gonna return this and maybe go for ASUS monitor instead. This is my first encounter with Samsung screens, and it has left me with a sour taste. The specs of my G7 are absolutely phenomenal. I cant find another screen on the market with a curve, 240Hz, gsync and 1440p. Its one of a kind, but this issue is realy something i cant look past, as its pretty noticable in normal usage.

Floreum
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This problem also is apparent on the G7. What I've found is that certain settings can cause this. 240Hz and Adaptive Sync enabled (g-sync) will cause this. Turning it off and playing with the black equalizer can fix it (for me setting it to about 17 fixes it, but I saw another person set theirs to 15 so I guess this depends on your panel), however playing with the contrast and sharpness will also affect it I've found. This goes for changing these settings in the nvidia control panel as well. Stepping down to 144Hz greatly reduces it, but it's still there and if you go down to 120Hz it's completely gone.

It's really bad for me as I also do 3D modeling in Blender and one of my addons triggers this and it's really annoying having to constantly go back into the control panel and changing this setting whenever I want to game or get some work done. I ordered a new displayport cable just in case, but I have doubts this will solve it. 

mutorcs
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yep same issue with my bran new G9 running the latest firmware 1010.2.

userOsxVgSA1rM
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hopefully a future firmware will fix this, I can use it at 120hz but what is the point to offer 240hz if it is not possible to take advantage of it.

userc4QGihNfkR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here, 1010.2 firmware download -- always happens with Google News dark mode in Chrome BTW. I see it at 120hz. There's a long reddit thread about it too, I think it may be a hardware problem Samsung isn't addressing because it can't be fixed via firmware?

0 Likes