cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung odyssey g7 27” flickering

Hello i just bougth one of this monitors and it just  flickr like crazy, with gsync activated is really high, the problem is that it flickr between the VRR range, this is unaceptable, in the gsync lable say, 0 flickr or flickr free. This will be fixed via firmware or i just return my monitor?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung odyssey g7 27” flickering

first off, shame on samsung for this monitor. im having the same issues. according to samsung it just something you deal with....

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ibhave the same issue on my 27inch..Also says that its not g-sync compatiblnvidiagsync.jpge..

Highlighted
Constellation

Here the problem, 100% confirmed its your graphic card or displayport cable. Whats your graphic card because i think only Rtx serie or higher can reach 240hz with DSC 1.2, new video card have DSC 1.2 ACTIVE or make sure your NVIDIA OR AMD GRAPHIC CARD support DSC1.2, if you have gtx serie they dont have DSC1.2 even if you have the right cable, you will get only 120 - 144hz.
You will probebly see 240hz for the monitor but the GTX 1XXX serie dont have this option DSC1.2 if you try to use 240hz you will get flickering.
Just make sure your graphic card support DSC1.2 and you will never have problem with 240hz if you have the right displayport 1.4 cable HBR3.

This product is SPECIFICALLY designed to work with the latest Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) which supports DSC 1.2.

These are the supported GPUs i know.

AMD™ NAVI: RX5700, RX5600XT, RX5700XT, RADEON VII, RX5500XT.

NVIDIA TURING+AMPERE: RTX 3XXX, TITAN RTX , RTX 2080, RTX 2070, RTX 2060 QUADRO™: RTX8000, RTX6000, RTX5000, RTX4000, RTX3000 MOBILE.

Intel™ Eleven Based Gen: IceLake, Iris Plus Graphics, UHD Graphics.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Where do you get your info from?

I run 240Hz no problem with a 1080TI.

With G-Sync enabled, it flickers!